● Date: 3 PM Friday September 20 th – 3PM Saturday September 21 st , 2019. Phila Massages will be on site offering free massages on Saturday from 10am-12.
● Location: Philadelphia Museum of Art – front steps
● Participants will climb the outdoor steps at the front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art for 24 continuous hours. Individual climbers can climb for any length of time.
● Philadelphia Parks and Recreation sanctioned event
● Event registration and website: www.phl24.life
Along with uninterrupted stair climbing, PHL24 will feature 24 hours of nonstop entertainment through DJs, music, snacks, giveaways, and themed climbing hours, and will keep our mission to cure every cancer at the forefront. Diverse teams from across Philadelphia will be participating in the event including, but not limited to, Philadelphia Police and Firefighters, health care professionals, local sports teams, cancer survivors and fitness enthusiasts.
Opening and closing ceremonies are open to the public. A candlelight vigil will be held on Friday evening; all, including families and survivors, are encouraged to attend.
Goals: The fundraising goal for this event is $100,000. Goal will be met via sponsorships, event registrations and donations and will be equally divided: $50,000 will be used to support local Philadelphia families who are experiencing extreme financial hardship due to a cancer diagnosis. These funds will be used to pay rent, utilities and other cost of living expenses. $50,000 will fund promising cancer research via junior investigators at four major cancer centers in Philadelphia as selected by a multi-hospital Scientific Review Board.